MaryBegg Community Clinic
REGISTERED MIDWIFE/COUNSELLOR (1)
LOCATION: TRIDENT TOWN CLINIC (KALUMBILA)
Provide holistic reproductive health care service to clients in order to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- To assist women in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery
- Provide full antenatal care including all necessary screening tests.
- Conduct deliveries and provide care for the newly born infant
- To be fully up-to-date with national guidelines and protocols including EMTCT
- Manage complications in pregnancy and child care in accordance with the principles of basic obstetric care.
- Work closely with obstetricians and gynaecologists in diagnosing and treating women with acute and chronic illnesses.
- To uphold health promotion and education for women, their babies and their wider family circle, providing antenatal education and preparation for parenthood; this also extends to areas of gynaecology, family planning and childcare.
- To provide health counselling and education, not only for women but also within the family and the community.
- Report writing
- Must have thorough knowledge on national guidelines, standard operating procedures and quality assurance systems as well as MBCC protocols and procedures relating to HIV/STIs/AIDs TB, counselling and testing and EMTCT.
- Be the focal point person and resource person at the HIV/ART clinic for patients and families, MBCC staff and clients.
- Create a system to record and monitor new referrals and follow-up visits. Develop with CMO and HIV specialist doctor a comprehensive individualized service care plan for clients on ART that reviews eligibility criteria for CART initiation, adherence support, initial and repeat laboratory testing, medication/prescription pick-ups, referrals to family planning, prophylaxis and management of opportunistic infections, screening for tuberculosis, and ART treatment failure etc.
- Conduct detailed revaluation of the patient service care plans to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that all patients receiving ART treatment have an ART monitoring and follow-up chart that is updated after each visit.
- Conduct HIV counselling and testing on request of patient or doctor.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum Certification as Registered Midwife
- Must have a certificate in pshyco social counseling with HIV/AIDS clients
- Must be computer literate with excellent Microsoft excel and word acumen
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience
- Registered with General Nursing Council and with valid Practicing License.
- Excellent team working skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs and attached a detailed CV. (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview). Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date: 15th December 2018.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job please visit www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.