Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS)
The Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) seeks to recruit two qualified, skilled, motivated, and energetic individuals to fill the positions of Senior Marketing Officer and Marketing Officer under the Banking and Mortgage Directorate.
To lead a team of Marketing Officers in promoting and marketing products and services offered by the Society and perform other marketing functions which support the achievement of the Society’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Manager Business Development to prepare the Society’s Marketing Plan outlining the marketing obiectives, strategies and action plan for the year and submit it to Maragement for approval.
- To assist the Manager Business Development to prepare the Marketing budget against set marketing objectives, strategies and action plan and after its approval ensure that all marketing activities are within the approved budget.
- To work closely with marketing and design agencies to define and design the ZNBS Brand
- To coordinate customer research to collect information and come up with proposals for new products and/or proposes charges to existing products.
- To monitor and eva uate the performance of new and revised products in order to assess their viability
- To initiate the concept of a promotion or advert and liaise with designers and/or advertising agencies in the production of promotion materials and adverts selects the appropriate media for communicating with the public.
- To coordinate site visits to branches to assess their branding needs and ensures that Branch Visit reports are produced containing each branch’s branding needs.
- To coordinate outbound sales activities especially with companies who have signed MOL’s with ZNBS in order to drive sales momentum and penetration.
- To identify marketing needs and formulate questions for research and collect data. Then conduct data analysis and prepare the research report highlighting competitor information.
- To ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies, through marketing campaigns, promotions, trade shows and exhibitions.
- To conduct competitor and customer research to check the prices of their products and services and come up with pricing proposals for ZNBS products and services and presents them to the supervisor for onward submission fo the Product Development Committee.
- To conduct quarterly customer satisfaction surveys ard produce a survey report.
- To collect information on opened and closed customer accounts to determine the Society’s customer status (to assess how many customer accounts have been opened and closed), and prepare a monthly Custorner Status Report.
- To ensure that newspapers ore scanned cn o doily basis in order to identify issues and activities that are likely to affect ZNBS operations and report to the supervisor.
- To ensure that ZNBS Website is updated on a weekly basis.
- To supervise, coach, motivate cnd develop subordinates to ensure corrective action and optimum performance.
- To agree, monitor and review performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Menager Business Development from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Commerce, Business Administration, or relcted discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a business/banking environment
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing
Required competencies/Personal qualities
- Good Marketing skills
- Demonstrated Market Research skills
- Good Customer Care skills
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated Communication skills (both written and oral)
Appropriately qualified and inleresled candidafes meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned by Thursday 9th November 2020 17:00 hours with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 3rd Floor, Cairo Road
PO Box 30420, LUSAKA
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.