Sells Pico Solar lights throughout Zambia
SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organisation working in Malawi and Zambia which focuses on business based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to Ensure that no one is left in the Dark by 2030. For all countries this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe that our mission is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market – ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy. To find out more, go to www.solar-aid.org.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated and safe Driver/Logistics Supervisor with a clean driving record and have the ability to work as a team player and lead the drivers. The successful applicant will be interested in learning about solar energy and the SunnyMoney operations. They will be creative, adaptive and able to be in the field for 6 weeks at a time.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have good experience with vehicle maintenance and have some background as a mechanic.
- Clean, valid driver’s license with at least 3 years experience with the ability to drive automatic and manual
- Proficient in driving in conditions where 4WD is needed
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Organized, hardworking and flexible
- Field work experience with the willingness to spend up to 6 weeks in the field
- Effective time management and planning
- Good IT skills (Excel and Word)
- Conversant in local languages
- Passion and enthusiasm for SunnyMoney’s social goal and the work it does
- Assist colleagues when in the office or in the field with any sales or faults.
- Ensure the best customer service is given.
- To work with the Business Support Coordinator to ensure that the drivers in the field are being safe and responsible at all times and to follow the Driver Policy.
- Be aware of schedule and communicate with drivers to ensure timely meetings and arrivals
- Assist with daily stock counts as well as moving and lifting stock as needed when in the field or office
- Doing some repairs at the office and in the field as needed
- Ensuring all vehicles are in top running order at all times
- Ensuring any maintenance and repair works are carried out efficiently and quickly
- Trip preparation: including stock, vehicle sign in-out forms and the appropriate check lists
- Adhering to driver policy at all times
- Paperwork surrounding faults and replacements
- Monthly reports to the Ops Director on number of miles driven, fuel spent, and any issues surrounding each vehicle
- Vehicle management: Maintenance, compliance, operational issues; make sure that vehicle is fit for field use, the interior is well maintainer and clean, making sure the Business Support Coordinator is aware of any vehicle issues
- Ensure that the vehicles are checked before and after each trip
- Speak with drivers daily when they are in the field to ensure any issues are caught early on
- Monitor and evaluation the GPS tracking devise
- The maintenance schedule is adhered to and kept up to date at all times.
- The road tax, fitness, and insurance is in place and up to date.
To apply for this position, please verify that you have all of the qualifications and skills before sending in your CV. Please highlight you previous experience working as a driver and any other duties performed. Please ensure that you cover letter is no more than 1 page and your CV is no more than 2 pages in length and that you only send it through one time to [email protected]
Only short-listed people will be contacted.