Website TechnoServe Zambia Limited
Reports to: Human Resources and Administration Manager
I. Program Description:
In partnership with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), TechnoServe is preparing for a 3-year Food Enterprises for a Developed Zambia (FED) Programme. The programme aims to improve the efficiency, profitability and growth of food processing SMEs and contribute to a stronger and more inclusive sector in the country.
II. Position Description:
To assist TechnoServe staff and volunteers by to carry out programmatic and administrative assignments. To maintain all vehicles in good operating status.
- Drive Technoserve staff and volunteers out to the field to carry out their assignments
- Be available for urgent and non-urgent dispatches and mail deliveries within Lusaka as assigned by the HR and Administration Manager. Transport important documents to the banks, embassies, government offices, etc. in a safe and confidential manner.
- Drive all visitors and officers needing transport to, and from the Lusaka international airport, places of residence and at times outside Lusaka when instructed to do so by the HR & Administration Manager.
General Vehicle Maintenance
- Take complete responsibility for cleaning and fuelling all vehicles on a daily basis.
- Report any damages or malfunctions to the HR & Administration Manager.
- Inspect and ensure that all TechnoServe vehicles are equipped with first aid kits, spare tyres, fire extinguishers and functioning security systems on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that vehicle log sheets are collected and reconciled and submitted to the HR & Administration Manager on a monthly basis for accounting and financial reconciliation purposes.
- Complete log sheets for all trips as required for accountability.
- Carry out minor maintenance on vehicles such as changing or adding oil, water
- Guarantee that all motor vehicles receive timely servicing by regular monitoring and informing the HR & Administration Manager of such in time.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the HR and Administration Manager and management.
- Recommend repairs and maintenance for vehicles
- Recommend vehicle to use for field trips in relation to condition of vehicle
- Decide on most efficient and economical route to use unless otherwise directed
Skills and Experience
- Clean class 4 Drivers license required.
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- At least five years of professional work experience as a Driver.
- Proven experience working in a corporate or NGO environment
- Grade twelve certificate and auto mechanics experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and other vernacular languages.
- Highly organized and excellent knowledge of the street map of the major cities in Zambia and a general knowledge of Zambia.
- Integrity, honesty and willingness and ability to work in teams
- Willingness to learn and apply TechnoServe principles.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.