Vision Africa Regional Network (VAREN)
Vision Africa Regional Network (VAREN) has entered into agreement with Millennium Challenge Account Zambia (MCAZ) to implement a Sanitation Improvement Project in Mtendere Township of Lusaka. The project intends to accelerate access to adequate sanitation to 1300 households by supporting construction of improved low cost toilets and connecting them to the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Waste Water Network (sewer lines).
VAREN Invites applications for the position of Finance and Administration Manager:
Length of contract: 8 months (with possibility of extension)
Reports to: Project Manager
Supervise: Accountant/Finance and Administration Officer
- Coordinate and supervise staff, based on the relevant administrative, financial and HR guidelines and directions
- Assist project team to ensure budgets are clear and aligned with project objectives giving due consideration to VAREN Finance Policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements as required and ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks including identifying and resolving invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assist to set up proper internal control system and ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments
- Support budget holders by ensuring compliance to budget procedures and donor / corporate regulations
- Processing of Cash and Cheque Payments after verification of supporting documents
- Generate and provide accurate, timely and appropriate financial reports in line with contract conditions
Qualifications / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting work in a busy environment
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge in accounting software. Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants for the above named positions should submit detailed curriculum Vitea accompanied by a cover letter addressed to: The Executive Director, P.O Box 710527, Mansa;
or Via Email: [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.