Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
YWCA is a Christian membership non-partisan, non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights-based approaches and sustainable interventions. YWCA in Partnership with Pact is implementing the DREAMS and Community HIV Prevention Components of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at accelerating progress towards Zambia’s goal of reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors with a key focus on People Living with HIV (PLHIV), discordant couples, young women, and other high- risk groups, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. By supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and developing local community and district level solutions, Z-CHPP will assist Zambia to reach the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets.
The organization invites application from suitable candidates to fill in this performance
The DREAMS CENTER MANAGER will be responsible for the day to day running of the DREAMS Center. She will provide high quality services to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and their male sexual partners. She will supervise a team of DREAMS Connectors in their day-to-day operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day to day running of the DREAMS Center
- Provide high quality services to AGYW and their male sexual partners
- Refer and link AGYW and their male sexual partners to other clinical services
- Supervise a team of DREAMS Connectors in their day to day duties
- Maintain up to date records of AGYW reached
- Conduct monthly weekly planning and review meetings with Connectors and Mentors and provide on site support
- Consolidate monthly performance data and report timely
- Mentor the DREAMS Connectors to better support the Safe Spaces Mentors
- Enter service provision project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database
- Work with the catchment Health facility to ensure continuous supply of commodities and ease linkage processes.
- Work with the Community HIV component of the YWCA USAID Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project, to ensure the sexual partners to the AGYW are reached with High Impact Health services.
- Work with the DREAMS Officer and Connectors to ensure the implementation and tracking of Economic Strengthening Activities targeting AGYW
- Must be aged between 30 and 40 years
- Must be a female
- Must be able to provide HTS as per national guidelines
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
- Experience working with AGYW and/or HIV prevention programmes targeting adolescents and young women.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum qualification of an advanced certificate or diploma in a health-related field
- Must be a certified Psycho Social Counsellor and a member of the Zambia Counseling
Association of Zambia
- Must have be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV
(Maximum 2 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees to the following:
The Executive Director
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA)
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th September, 2020 at close of business.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com