Zambeef Products Plc
Feeding the Nation
LAB AND QUALITY CONTROLLER – MPONGWE NOVATEK ANIMAL FEEDS (1)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below:
- Develop, install and maintain inspections and analytical procedures which include economical sampling plans aimed at determining the quality level of incoming and sub-contracted materials as well as finished products and ensures further compatibility of these procedures between the supplier and incoming inspection.
- Liaise with suppliers in order to establish quality certification plans based on adequate procedures and controls at the supplier’s premises in order to minimise on the cost of assuring quality of incoming materials.
- Establish and monitor systems for recording /documenting and reporting on supplier conformity to Novatek Animal Feeds quality and reliability requirements.
- Provides suppliers through purchasing with clear quality and reliability requirement and makes follow-ups to ensure supplier action meets these requirements.
- Utilize economic sampling plans and procedures to determine quality levels and allow the acceptance of satisfactory product.
- Provide both routine and special feedback and analysis inspection reports to ensure timely implementation of corrective action when and where necessary.
- Establishes and implements clear procedures for the disposal of downgraded or discrepant materials /products and quarantines and releases rejected /downgraded finished stock not adhering to established quality standards.
- Conduct verification checks on product quality through external sample testing
- Trains, motivates and develops subordinates in acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to meet their responsibilities;
- Assist the Systems Controller in auditing the food safety and quality systems
The Required Qualifications are:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry and Food science or any related Agricultural Qualification
- 2 years’ work in a laboratory environment;
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Pastel, Word, Powerpoint
The Required Attributes Include:
- Need to be able to critically analyse inventory data in short period of time.
- Required computer literacy levels
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
- Results driven, bias for action and a passion for excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with external customers, management and all levels of associates
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14th November, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be.