Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
TRANSPORT AND DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST (1 POSITION, MIDDLE MANAGEMENT) SUPPLY CHAIN DEPARTMENT – NAKAMBALA
The position reports to the Outbound Logistics Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for implementing and driving Illovo Outbound Logistics Way and related standards to ensure transport logistics excellence and cost optimisation.
- Adopt and embed best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology and enablers through the Illovo Outbound Logistics Way and capability development strategy
- Manage the scheduling and placement of domestic and export trucks and wagons at the various warehouses and the allocation to the CSC for deployment
- Oversee the co-ordination of the delivery of orders through the selected transporters for the selected routes
- Provide input to effectively manage the transport budget by managing transporter rates and optimising transport costs
- Ensure effective vehicle utilisation through load optimisation. Manage the correct loading sequence to effectively facilitate multi-SKU/drop deliveries
- Ensure that outbound domestic (and export if applicable) dispatch documents are completed correctly
- Manage the compliance of all transport rates, government regulations and statutory instructions
- Conduct vehicle and wagon checks/inspections against minimum standards in terms of vehicle requirements for outbound logistics
- Ensure efficient reverse logistics management and inbound return receipt
- Support the Outbound Logistics Manager in transporter performance reviews
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies, and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Transport and Logistics Management, Business Administration/Management or equivalent. A Bachelors’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in transportation management
- Knowledge of the Country transport infrastructure, transport management systems, and experience in managing transporter performance
- Analytical skills, ability to work with and interpret metrics.
Should you be interested in applying for the above positions please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 November 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.