Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position at the Nakambala Private School:
LABORATORY ASSISTANT – PERMANENT (1 POSITION, FIRST LINE MANAGEMENT)
The position reports to the Head Teacher – Secondary. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the science laboratories to ensure safety of its users and to prepare reagents and apparatus for practical lessons and exams.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Carrying out stock control on all laboratory equipment, reagents and apparatus.
- Procurement of laboratory equipment, reagents and apparatus.
- Monitoring and controlling of laboratory storerooms.
- Prepare and set reagents, apparatus and equipment for class experiment and practical examinations.
- Set and monitor class experiments.
- Ensure that all the laboratories, apparatus and glass are clean at all times and all equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensure the safety of all laboratory users through the proper storage of chemicals and adherence to all laboratory rules.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate / Diploma in Laboratory Science
- Certificate in Teaching Methodology will be an added advantage
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role.
Should you be interested in applying for the role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing Date for applications: Friday, 29 July 2022
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.