Purpose of job
Under the direct supervision of Manager–Operations and Philanthropy Development the incumbent is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a robust (functional) monitoring and evaluation system that provides timely feedback (learning, adjustment and sharing) on the performance of programme areas.
1. Reviews reporting frameworks and timetables and manages the collection of relevant data and information relating to activity and budget performance of ZGF for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
2. Develops and manages ZGF knowledge management strategies and supports the utilization of information, lessons to improve overall performance of ZGF as a Foundation.
3. Identifies and facilitates research and surveys and establishes information sharing policy, processes and procedures for knowledge management amongst stakeholders.
4. Creates and maintains an effective feedback loop that provides timely feedback to ZGF, stakeholders involved in the work of ZGF and communities implementing the Community Led Development approach.
5. Manages data and information system, sharing of experiences and best practices amongst ‘Foundations’ and other stakeholders according to ZGF knowledge management policy and procedures.
6. Compiles and disseminates relevant programme related information and success stories / lessons learnt to internal staff to aid good programming practice.
7. Produces periodic M&E reports based on agreed M&E frameworks that will guide decision making and programme planning and implementation.
8. Facilitates sharing of experiences and best practices with other players including communities and Foundations practicing local giving in line with knowledge management policy and procedures.
9. Keeps abreast of developments in area of specialization to continue to provide services to the highest ethical and professional standards.
10. Provides accurate information required for performance management purposes and attends performance management discussions, as guided in the HR management manual.
11. Carries out any related tasks that the Manager may from time-to-time reasonably request.
Education and training: Master’s degree in development studies, monitoring and evaluation, project management, training, and development or equivalent.
Relevant training: Five (5) years post experience is required.